QQI Level 5 Care Support (5N0758)
On-line course via Zoom
New dates: Wednesday, October 21st 2020
Duration: I day a week for 5 weeks
Course Fee: €250
learners maybe eligible for funding, please contact your local Intreo office at the Dep.of Social Welfare.
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to work effectively in a care setting. It aims to promote good practice and respect for diversity in lifestyle,religion and culture in care work.
It is an mandatory module for the QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support and can be used towards several major awards.
Credit value- 15
1 Discuss the role, responsibilities and entitlements of a care worker
2. Examine the role of a care worker within the multidisciplinary healthcare team
3. Demonstrate the ability to plan and provide enhanced quality care
4. Apply knowledge gained to plan and meet the needs of the individual client
5. Explore the need for personal planning and growth
6. Plan strategies to improve own personal development
7. Reflect on personal effectiveness as a care worker to include own strenghts and weaknesses
8 Reflect on relationships with clients, relatives and multidisciplinary team members and interpersonal issues that arise in care work.
Learners completing this course are should be working in a care setting.
Assessment: Assignment (30%) Learner Record (70%)
On successful completion of this course the student will be awarded a QQI Level 5 (Component) Certificate in Care Support. This course can be used as one of 8 modules required to attain a QQI Level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support.
To register for this course, please call 087-6295353 or email: